About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
What changes hath time wrought...mostly a different hair-color, a few wrinkles and loss of short-term memory.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Business Letter Closings

It was suggested today that I write a letter to request my daughter be tested for inclusion in her school's gifted program. So I wrote that letter and was searching for the appropriate closing when I googled "letter closings examples" at this URL: http://www.writeexpress.com/letterclosings.html
I looked under the list of Business Closings for something business-y but not overly so. The closings that are listed make me wonder exactly WHAT business the letter writer is soliciting. I can't decide exactly which one is my favorite but this one just makes me wonder:
Smell ya later,
I suppose it could be going to a perfume company, or maybe someone applying to be a deodorant effectiveness sniffer, or Beano tester.

These two are similar and I could imagine my husband and son using the second one, but the first one is just plain silly. I like it:
  • May the horse be with you,
Somehow that just seems comforting to tell someone.
  • May the Force be with you,
I really like this one for a BUSINESS letter:
Yearning for you,

I suppose if you are inquiring about the job of your dreams this may be an appropriate closing. What makes this so good is that right below it is the Love Letter Closings and it's not included there.


Gotta boogie,
Toodles,
Rock on,
Peace out,

These are also under Business Letter Closings. Maybe business letters in the late 60s, early 70s!

I saved the best for last and hope anyone and everyone who sends me a letter will please use this closing:

May I always live to serve you and your crown,


(But nothing beats...)
Hormonally yours,

Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment