About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
What changes hath time wrought...mostly a different hair-color, a few wrinkles and loss of short-term memory.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Family Funnies

Last night at dinner we were discussing Sarah's soccer team photo. We asked if she knew the name of the kid beside her. In the moment she paused Jacob said, "Joe." We all looked at him. Sarah, her face scrunched said, "Joe who?" Without a pause Jacob replied, "Joe Mama." I just love him.

***"Santa" bought a Wii for the kids for Christmas and Tim connected it to the internet so Sarah can play Mario Kart against a friend from school/neighborhood. One of the race choices is Grand Prix. Colby must have selected this race because Sarah asked me, "What's Grand Pricks?" Puzzled, I asked her to repeat what she'd said and she told me to look at the TV screen. Why would she think Prix was pronounced any way other than rhymes with six?

**** A Star Wars fanatic, Jacob is constantly playing/imagining himself to be a character from the series. Personally, I only know a few Stars Wars folk by name. (Tim found a Star Wars character encyclopedia through which I am gradually getting to know a lot about some SW personalities.) Last night Jacob was tearing around saying he was a droid. So I started calling him a Hem Droid.

Oh, the simplest things amuse me.


Hormonally yours,
Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment