About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
What changes hath time wrought...mostly a different hair-color, a few wrinkles and loss of short-term memory.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Morning silly

The day began quite lovely; bright, sunny, my daughter ready to go to school on time. Her bus goes by our house and picks her up on the return. So we have about 3-4 minutes before she goes out the door. She put on her coat- only 34 degrees this morning- and backpack then gave kisses. She goes left out the door, down the sidewalk and up the driveway. She should then walk in front of the house to get to the driveway of our neighbor on the right- where the bus stops. My son and I leave the outer door open and head upstairs to watch for her out our living room window. We're sitting there waiting for Sarah to appear when we hear pounding on the glass door. I jump down, sure Sarah'd forgotten to back her library book. I open the door, and in the most excited of voices, she announces, "There's wet bird poop on the driveway!" She is just delighted by this news. I say, OK???, and off she runs through the yard to her bus stop. (My kids have an obsession with poop!) I made the mistake of telling my daughter she would be the official poop-checker when her brother was born (see Ice Age movie for more about poop-checkers.) She has taken on the role with gusto.

No comments:

Post a Comment