About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
What changes hath time wrought...mostly a different hair-color, a few wrinkles and loss of short-term memory.

Monday, April 28, 2008

In the Beginning...

I was really looking for a website where I could post pictures of items I want to sell at an upcoming yard sale. In the process I discovered exactly what blogs were and how easy they were to set-up. (Hence the title of my blog.)
I guess this a good place to respond to an editorial written by a doctor in my local paper, The Derrick. It just infuriated me. He is against a national health care program. I understand the problems behind such an endeavor but he made a statement that those who use their health insurance more frequently should expect to pay more, just like car insurance!!!!! I would just love to hug all those people who have chronic illnesses through no fault of their own but need expensive medical care to make it through the day. Add the headache of being approved for expensive drugs and devices. AND that's WITH health insurance. What about those people who are not provided this luxury? I'm sure there are millions of Americans in this situation. My sister is an ER nurse and I understand there are lots of people who take advantage of our current health care system. That's what needs fixed; who are the shysters (my father's favorite term) and who are the legitimately in need?

Good Gravy, it's 11pm, time to say good night.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peg,
    I love your blog! LOL! I'll be watching for more entries. Go Swimsuit season.
    Dawn Anderson
    <'////><

    ReplyDelete